We at Pleasant Vine Home Care continue to monitor the trends in the COVID-19 pandemic and are working with our communities to ensure the safety of all our clients and caregivers through these challenging times.
We want to appreciate all our caregivers for continuing to provide your highly essential work. You are caring for and helping a very vulnerable population, especially the elderly. Please remember that we all have to do our part to keep ourselves and those around us healthy and safe:
- Make sure that your client has plenty of supplies, food, and water at all times during this period.
- If you have a cough, colds, fever, chills, or shortness of breath, do not go to work. Call your primary care doctor. Please make sure that if you need to call out, you give us enough time (a minimum of three hours before your shift starts) to find a suitable caregiver for your client.
- If your client has any of the above symptoms, please have them call their primary care doctors for an evaluation and call the office.
- Wash your hands often especially upon arrival to your shifts before and after each contact with your client for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. This is one of the most effective ways to help prevent transferring this virus to yourself or your client.
- Use antibacterial hand sanitizers when you don’t have access to soap and water to wash your hands. If you need hand sanitizers, please call or stop by the office to pick some up.
- You must wear a mask throughout your shift when at your client’s house. If you need masks for you and your client, please call or stop by the office to get some.
- All office staff must wear a mask throughout their work hours, and anyone or employees coming to the office must wear a mask to be permitted entry.
- Wear gloves when providing personal care for your clients. If you need gloves, please call or stop by the office to get some.
- We will continue to work hard to ensure that the safety and wellbeing of all our clients and caregivers are given the utmost priority now and always.
- Please note that we also have medical gowns and N95 masks if you are caring for a client that has COVID-19.
- We have the following supplies available for our caregivers to ensure everyone’s safety through this period: masks, gloves, hand sanitizers, and medical gowns.
Please feel free to call the office if you have any questions or concerns.
For more up-to-date information on COVID-19, click on the links below: